Sudoku is a game where all you need is a pen and paper. It is very fun to play and a good way to kill time. With the advent of technology, it’s a good thing that the game hasn’t changed much, but has only improved. It is still widely played around the world and there are even websites offering Sudoku puzzles which you may print for free. We’ll give you the list later but first, allow us to teach you the basics and hand you over a few tips and tricks.
Sudoku is a game played on a 9×9 grid. There are 9 squares in each row and column. Each row and column needs to be filled up with numbers between 1 to 9. These numbers are not allowed to be repeated. Some of the numbers in the grid are already filled in before the game starts. Meaning, the more spaces filled in, the easier the game becomes. Difficult Sudoku puzzles actually mean having only a few spaces filled in.
Sudoku is a game of reasoning and logic. You really shouldn’t guess. If you don’t know what number to put, better check out other parts of the grid and carefully examine where you could put a number. Try not to force a number. Practice insight, patience, and recognition of pattern instead of just guessing and blind luck.
To help you out in your first try as a beginner, there are a lot of available printable Sudoku puzzles online.
Here’s a list of them:
- Math in English: http://www.mathinenglish.com/Sudoku.php
- Science Kids: http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/quizzes/sudoku.html
- Livewire Puzzles: http://www.puzzles.ca/sudoku.html
- About Home: http://puzzles.about.com/od/sudokupuzzles/a/ExpertSudoku_2.htm
- The Printable Sudoku Puzzle Site: http://www.theprintablesudokupuzzlesite.com/very-easy.html
- Kids Math Games: http://www.kidsmathgamesonline.com/sudoku/printableworksheets.html
- Activity Village: http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/sudoku-for-kids
- Print Activities.com: http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/sudoku-for-kids
- 1sudoku.net: http://1sudoku.net/print/print-sudoku-free/sudoku-easy/
- 7sudoku: http://www.7sudoku.com/very-easy
Now that you have all the means to practice your Sudoku skills, go ahead and try downloading free online puzzles. Who knows, you might just be the greatest Sudoku master of all time.